Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Unexplained "EFBEmulateFormatChanges = True" for "Skyward Sword"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I noticed there are a few custom settings for Skyward Sword which aren't documented on the wiki:

Quote:[Video_Hacks]
EFBAccessEnable = True
EFBEmulateFormatChanges = True

[Video_Enhancements]
ArbitraryMipmapDetection = True

In fact, I bet a lot of games suffers from the same lack of documentation. The wiki says "Only configuration options for the best compatibility where they deviate from defaults are listed", but does it mean Dolphin's defaults or games' defaults?

I honestly think that any settings which aren't Dolphin's defaults should be documented on the wiki.

I guess this new thread is more about documentation than it is about Skyward Sword, because I already posted in the Game Support sub-forum in order to get more information. The problem with the Game Support sub-forum is that I rarely get replies. Sad
Emulate Format Changes being true allows the plants on the walls inside of buildings to render among other things.
(07-12-2021, 10:49 PM)Bowi Wrote: [ -> ]In fact, I bet a lot of games suffers from the same lack of documentation. The wiki says "Only configuration options for the best compatibility where they deviate from defaults are listed", but does it mean Dolphin's defaults or games' defaults?
It means the games' defaults. If you start a fresh install of Dolphin and boot the game without touching any settings, its Game INI will be applied, so, it's the default in that case. In fact, even if you manually change those settings to something else, they'll be overridden by the INI anyway unless you've set them to something else through the user supplied INI file (right click the game in the list => properties)...
Thanks to both of you!