Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: All games freezing upon entering Fullscreen (ubershaders problem)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've had this issue for two weeks, and I want to stream Pokemon Colosseum Randomized sometime in a Discord server, but the hotkey for borderless fullscreen, Alt+Enter freezes the game in place, and stays frozen until exiting the emulation window. Turning ubershaders off to the (now named) Specialized (Default) setting does not make it freeze anymore, but I do want the graphical upgrade from Ubershaders as I play through my favorite Gamecube game yet again.

All backend settings do not work around this issue. Please fix.
Have you try changing the graphic backend. Direct x tend to do better for async ubershaders for Nvidia. Also you will want to check the compile shader before start as that should help also. Ubershaders doesn't add any graphic effects it intended for shader generation stuttering by the way.
(07-08-2021, 11:56 AM)themaster123 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you try changing the graphic backend. Direct x tend to do better for async ubershaders for Nvidia. Also you will want to check the compile shader before start as that should help also. Ubershaders doesn't add any graphic effects it intended for shader generation stuttering by the way.

I started with those. Direct3D 11/12, and the rest, do not let it run in full screen. Also compiling shaders before starting was always enabled, and disabled doesn't fix it of course.
Is this happening on the latest dev build?
(07-09-2021, 10:11 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Is this happening on the latest dev build?

As of 5.0-14587 (released today), it's worse. Specialized freezes upon fullscreen now, and sometimes games just won't run when Ubershaders are turned on, and they'll just hang on a black screen instead.
By the way, regardless of backends or shader settings, ALL GAMES will hang on black screens with BGM and sound effects playing. This happens when when transitions occur such as loading worlds, loading menus, etc.
Does it do it without Randomize mod? In other word a clean verifiable iso. There are a few other things you can try. You could make sure you graphic card drivers are updated. You could temporary disable your antivirus and extract a clean dolphin installation with a portable.txt created at the folder with the dolphin.exe . Maybe there a setting or dolphin file is corrupt. What the mod you trying maybe some else can try it and see if they if the the same problems with it. I never had major problems with the current dev\beta with pokemon Colosseum but maybe the mod is doing some that dolphin don't like?
(07-13-2021, 11:01 AM)themaster123 Wrote: [ -> ]Does it do it without Randomize mod? In other word a clean verifiable iso. There are a few other things you can try. You could make sure you graphic card drivers are updated. You could temporary disable your antivirus and extract a clean dolphin installation with a portable.txt created at the folder with the dolphin.exe . Maybe there a setting or dolphin file is corrupt. What the mod you trying maybe some else can try it and see if they if the the same problems with it. I never had major problems with the current dev\beta with pokemon Colosseum but maybe the mod is doing some that dolphin don't like?

I tried with the normal game already, and verified the dumps of a few games. I'm happy to say I fixed the random freezes/hangs by deleting the (apparently corrupt) shader folder and having it start over with a new one automatically. However, the fullscreen hanging is still present, though thankfully that's fixable by pressing "Pause" on the program and then "Resume", but it's still a minor inconvenience. Major if you don't have a 2nd monitor. So my issues are fixable for now, thank you.
Does it do it without the 2nd monitor maybe it a bug with multiple monitors. I don't have 2 monitors that I can easily use to test that.
(07-14-2021, 07:48 AM)themaster123 Wrote: [ -> ]Does it do it without the 2nd monitor maybe it a bug with multiple monitors. I don't have 2 monitors that I can easily use to test that.

Actually, it still does it without the 2nd monitor plugged in. Not only that, but ANY shader OR backend setting, causes the game to hang at certain times. EVERY shader setting except Exclusive, has the game hang every few seconds, requiring insane pausing and resuming. Exclusive only has the game hang during certain animations or other moments, so rarely but still annoying. I've had to revert to the 5.0 base 2016 release of the emulator, as beta versions still came with the bug.
Pages: 1 2