Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Black screen when opening game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Rahvin2007

Hello all!
Very recently downloaded dolphin stable 5.0, but when I tried to open new super mario bros wii, the new window went BLACK.
I couldnt even EXIT dolphin, I had to force quit.

PLEASE HELP!!!!
Does this happen on the latest dev build of Dolphin?

Rahvin2007

Well...
I downloaded the latest dev and beta versions but when i tried to open it opened on firefox. Couldn't fix issue so tried the latest stable version and It opened fine.
Do you know why?
Did you not answer my original question because its an old version of dolphin and you dont fix bugs in it?
Thankyou for help, I really appreciate it.
The dev\beta use .7z format which is a compress folder format. You need a program like 7-zip(which is free) to decompress it. You would also be better off disabling antivirus while you extract(it should be virus free but some antivirus don't like emulators) and don't extract in to the same folder as the stable. It might be a good idea at least at first to create a portable.txt file in the same folder the dolphin program at to make sure it isn't a setting also. With the current dev\beta it wouldn't hurt to see if the game verify properly in the game properties to.

Rahvin2007

I used 7zip and it worked flawlessly. My brother has an older version of dolphin and when I opened the latest one it was so clean!!
Thankyou for all of the help!! You saved my gaming life. Big Grin