Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Issue from recent update + Good enough for MPT & SMG2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Danthe69

Hey, so I've just updated Dolphin to the latest version, 5.0-14442 x64.

My specs are Lenovo IdeaPad L340-15API, Windows 10 x64
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, 2.10GHz (over clocked up to 3.7)
8 GB RAM, 5.88 GB usable

I've been using the Direct3D 12, with AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics adapter.
I use default options for everything else, and I do not upscale.

All of my drivers should be up to date as everything was updated at the same time with Dolphin.

Since I've updated, I've been having a lot of framerate issues and crashes, even with games that worked very well previously, and easy example is Mario Super Sluggers (Wii), which previously ran at 100% all the time and has now taken notable drops in framerate for several seconds at a time (from 60 down to 30-40). Should I downgrade to a previous version of Dolphin?

I also really would love to get Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid Prime Trilogy working, but both games crash quickly after startup, sometimes with the 'blank question box', other times from CPU de sync, and sometimes from error "Execute command list failed, at line 433". Is my device just not powerful enough or are there special settings I need to play these and play them at full speed? I don't need any upscaling, just normal resolution at normal speed without drops would be great.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.