Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sonic Adventure 2 finally succeeds in getting Chao from the Interactive Disc Catalog!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

TailsGuy

Finally, It's about time! I tested out the mGBA connectivity with the new Dolphin update, which fixed a Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles issue, and they seemingly fixed Sonic Adventure 2 as well!

I booted up mGBA, got the Tails chao from the Demo Disc (D55J01; Interractive Disc Catalog Summer 2003 For Japan [Disc 1, Revision 0])

If you want to do this yourself, grab a copy of the Demo Disc, and any SA2B version.

You're going to want to extract the "sonic_joycarry.tgc" from the files. You can do so via Dolphin. Get into HxD and search for [color=#333333]GSBJGSBEGSBPASOJASOEASOP[/color]

[color=#333333]Replace with GSBEGSBJGSBPASOEASOJASOP for USA compatibility
[/color]
[color=#333333]or[/color]
[color=#333333][color=#333333]Replace with GSBPGSBEGSBJASOPASOEASOJ for Europe compatibility[/color]
[/color]

[color=#333333][color=#333333]You don't need to do this if you're using a Japanese copy of SA2B, but i'm assuming you're trying to convert this save to a PC ver.[/color][/color]
Load it up, connect mGBA to Dolphin, and copy the chao over. then do the same for SA2. Your chao might say something, which'll stop the transfer process, but just press A, and then SA2 should recognize it.

If it doesn't work connect two GBAs (two mGBAs)
The two mGBA copies thing is no longer needed; that was due to the bug in a transfer rate and could be observed with older builds of Dolphin and standard Sonic Adventure 2.

Either way, this took so long because multi-emulator features are hard to coordinate; we're lucky that endrift and bonta donated so much time toward fixing the remaining issues and cases and working on Dolphin so that these games could be compatible.