Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is there a way to programatically access the emulated system's memory?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

zurgeg

I am working on a Python script to add Discord Rich Presence support to Punch-Out!! on the Wii (more then just "Playing Punch-Out!!"), however, I ran into a small roadblock, I have no clue how to access the emulated system's memory through this script.

Is it possible to do this?
Many have tried to add a scripting backend to Dolphin. Unfortunately, it never happened. There's a GUI supplemental app here but no idea if it's still usable (also not sure if it could be extended with a script interface?).

Just curious, what kind of details do you want to add to the discord presence?

zurgeg

(06-12-2021, 04:48 AM)iwubcode Wrote: [ -> ]Many have tried to add a scripting backend to Dolphin.  Unfortunately, it never happened.  There's a GUI supplemental app here but no idea if it's still usable (also not sure if it could be extended with a script interface?).

Just curious, what kind of details do you want to add to the discord presence?

I actually already used DME for finding the RAM addresses, so it's all good there ^_^
But as for your second question, I plan to add number of times knocked down and maybe how long they've been in round? Either way I am attempting to mod DME to get that data and then pass it over to Discord. Sadly C++ is not my strong suit (no where near it Big Grin ), so maybe it'll turn into something, maybe it won't. Additionally, here's the RAM addresses if you want em'

Quote:[Byte (Max 4)] 80B37BC3, 80B37CA3, 80B37C9F: Mac KDs
[Byte (Max 4)] 80B37E1F, 80B37EFB: Defender KDs (Internal)
[Byte (Max 4)] 80B37EFF: Defender KDs (Display)
[Float (Max 120)] 8114FFC0: Defender HP (Internal) (Applies only to training for whatever reason)
[Float (Max 120)] 8114FFBC: Defender HP (Display) (Applies only to training for whatever reason)
[Float (Max 112)] 81090050, 81090030: Defender HP (Display)
[Float (Max 112)] 81090058, 81090038: Defender HP (Internal)