Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin on Apple TV 4K 2021
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

yougz

Hello everyone .

Does Dolphin work as well on Apple TV 4K 2021 as it does on Shield TV Pro 2019? Or better ? Or less well? Are there any limitations?

Thank you
The hardware in the Apple TV is certainly better, but Dolphin has no official support for iOS-based devices. I don't know if it's possible to run Dolphin on it at all.

yougz

(05-26-2021, 08:22 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]The hardware in the Apple TV is certainly better, but Dolphin has no official support for iOS-based devices. I don't know if it's possible to run Dolphin on it at all.

I actually had seen a video of a person playing Mario Sunshine with Game Cube controller on the Apple TV 4K 2021 and it surprised me as I thought Dolphin was not available on iOS / tvOS devices, c that's why I came to ask the question.

In fact I noticed afterwards that it was a port of Dolphin called DolphiniOS.

Apparently Mario is running at full speed
I looked up that video now, and it seems like the person who made the video was also the person who ported DolphiniOS to the Apple TV. As far as I know they haven't released it but will at some point. Feel free to try it once it's released, but since DolphiniOS is a fork of Dolphin, we don't provide any support for it.