Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin randomly crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Elodieme

Hello,
I was hoping someone could help me. I downloaded Dolphin last week, and have been trying to play and stream some gameplay. However, the program randomly crashes whether or not I'm streaming. I've tried downloading Visual C++ directly from Windows, downloading a newer beta rather than the older stable version, use a different streaming software (Twitch Studio, OBS), and changing the graphics settings. Sometimes I'm given an error message, sometimes not; sometimes it crashes only Dolphin and the streaming software, sometimes my entire computer. The error messages so far have been "failed to get swap chain buffer" and the other one is just an error box with the word "Question" at the top. Whenever I'm streaming, it also crashes the software I'm using and I have to close the software, open it again, and start a new stream. I have an Intel Core i9 with 10 cores, and have had a viewer say that maybe it's because the processor is too new, My boyfriend can play games and stream just fine, and he has an older core (Intel i7). It takes between 8 and 40 minutes before it crashes. What can I do to make it run and be able to play?
Is it a specific game, or multiple games?
Do you have Windows fully up to date?
Do you have the latest GPU drivers installed from NVIDIA?

Elodieme

(04-28-2021, 10:56 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Is it a specific game, or multiple games?
Do you have Windows fully up to date?
Do you have the latest GPU drivers installed from NVIDIA?

So far it's happened with the two games I've been playing (LoZ Twilight Princess and Pokemon Colosseum)
Windows is fully up to date as of this morning
GPU drivers are also up to date (466.11)
Have you tried different video backends?

purpleisle

나도 같은 문제가 있다.  어떤 게임은 잘 동작하지만, 어떤 게임은 검은 화면만 보이거나 #2에러를 보여준다. 그런데  Dolphin Emul Portable 에서는 모든 게임이 작동된다는 것을 발견했다. 보여지는 설정은 2개의 에뮬이 동일하다. 그래서 작동하지 않는 게임은 portable을 이용한다.
(04-29-2021, 10:33 AM)purpleisle Wrote: [ -> ]나도 같은 문제가 있다.  어떤 게임은 잘 동작하지만, 어떤 게임은 검은 화면만 보이거나 #2에러를 보여준다. 그런데  Dolphin Emul Portable 에서는 모든 게임이 작동된다는 것을 발견했다. 보여지는 설정은 2개의 에뮬이 동일하다. 그래서 작동하지 않는 게임은 portable을 이용한다.

Translation via Google:

Quote:I have the same problem. Some games work fine, but others only show a black screen or #2 error. But in Dolphin Emul Portable I found that all games work. The settings shown are the same for the two emules. So games that don't work use portable.

@purpleisle - Thank you for offering your advice. In the future, please be sure to include an English translation alongside your native language, as these forums are English-only. If necessary, you may use something like Google Translate to help.