Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Gamecube GCI folder location change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just wondering - is there any technical reason why Dolphin does now allow to change the Gamecube GCI folder location?
Every other path in Dolphin can be changed, just not this one.

The reason is: I have all my configs as well as the game isos on a network attached NAS HDD so I can access all the games from my various devices and keep them synced and it's a bit of a pain honestly... So if I could just put the GCI folder on the HDD I could easily have all my saves synced as well.

I know I can make symlinks and stuff but that's less than elegant and easily breaks in case of config locations... so I'm wondering if anyone is working on adding such a feature to Dolphin or if that's not a priority right now?
According to the code, there is an way to override the path from the configuration file: Inside Config/Dolphin.ini, under the [Core] Section, insert a line "GCIFolderAPathOverride = PATH" (or "GCIFolderBPathOverride = PATH" for the B slot) with PATH to the path (without "). Note that the region is not appened or anything, so every region will use that folder (and from what it looks like from the code 'movies' also).

Not sure why it wasn't added to the UI.
(04-21-2021, 05:32 AM)Neui Wrote: [ -> ]According to the code, there is an way to override the path from the configuration file: Inside Config/Dolphin.ini, under the [Core] Section, insert a line "GCIFolderAPathOverride = PATH" (or "GCIFolderBPathOverride = PATH" for the B slot) with PATH to the path (without "). Note that the region is not appened or anything, so every region will use that folder (and from what it looks like from the code 'movies' also).

Not sure why it wasn't added to the UI.

Ah thank you... I'll try that when I have time Smile Though it definitely would be nice if that feature could be added to the GUI since apparently it already exists...
(04-22-2021, 12:24 AM)chrisis123 Wrote: [ -> ]Ah thank you... I'll try that when I have time Smile Though it definitely would be nice if that feature could be added to the GUI since apparently it already exists...

Okay, I only tried it now and yes it works, though it's kind of weird that it doesn't conform to the standard region-subfolder structure (I just copied everything from the EUR USA and JAP folders to one folder and now use that on my server as GCI folder). Though maybe that's the reason it hasn't been added to the GUI yet as it needs some more work? (Sadly my C++ knowledge is not enough to make a PR for that... but I guess it wouldn't be too hard to add?)