Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Netplay host latency questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

arfentul

Hello! I have two questions about netplay latency.

1. Given two people/computers, can latency or stability be affected by which one is hosting the netplay session?

2. I understand that spectators (with no port assigned) do not introduce lag. Does this change if the spectator is the host of the netplay session?
I believe the answer to both of those questions is "only if you enabled Host Input Authority".

arfentul

(04-15-2021, 03:29 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]I believe the answer to both of those questions is "only if you enabled Host Input Authority".

Good to know! Those questions come up a lot when we're trying to run our online Naruto GNT tournaments and we need to troubleshoot lag issues.

Thanks Big Grin 

Connr06

I have an issue. If I'm understanding correctly this option should be at the bottom of "Netplay" host window. I do not seem to have that option. Is there an error with dolphin 5.0 or something of the like. Myself along with a few friends have been trying for about 2 hours trying to properly sync up with each other but if it's not one thing it's another.

I finally found out about "Host Input Authority" but was dismayed when this option was no where.

Connr06

(04-15-2021, 03:29 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]I believe the answer to both of those questions is "only if you enabled Host Input Authority".

I am unable to find this option. It should be at the bottom of the "Netplay" host window correct? Or is it elsewhere? (Dolphin 5.0)
This option was added after the release of Dolphin 5.0. You'll need to update to a newer version of Dolphin if you want to use it.

With that said, I don't think Host Input Authority can help with any problem you're having that isn't a latency problem. But I would recommend using a newer version of Dolphin regardless.