Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Real Wiimote connection problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

chipss

I have officially read and attempted the solutions from every thread on this site and on others (that I could find) before making this post, so I'm truly not sure what to do.

My Wiimotes are no longer connecting to my Dolphin through any means. Originally, they worked fine by simply opening up the controller menu, pressing 1+2 and waiting for a vibration. Then, a few months later, they only connected when I used the red pairing button. But now, the buttons just blink for a while no matter what I do. I've tried with and without continuous scanning, 4 different Wiimotes (2 Wiimote plus, 2 original Wiimote), 1+2 and red button, even new batteries because I had no idea what else could be wrong.

However, all of these attempts have not brought any positive results. I do notice that my Wiimote shows up shortly when pressing the pairing button in the Bluetooth screen in Windows with a "Driver error," but that is the only time my system acknowledges it. I am aware that this is not the way you are supposed to connect your Wiimote to Dolphin, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

My final solution would be to purchase a DolphinBar and connect through that, but I'd rather not spend the $35 USD to get it if I don't have to.

Thanks for any help!
Have you tried Bluetooth Passthrough? You'll have to install a new driver for your Bluetooth adapter and wont be able to use the adapter for anything eles, however.
https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...assthrough

chipss

(04-11-2021, 10:40 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried Bluetooth Passthrough? You'll have to install a new driver for your Bluetooth adapter and wont be able to use the adapter for anything eles, however.
https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...assthrough

Unfortunately, my headphones and the usual controller I play with use that bluetooth adapter. Is it possible to have two bluetooth adapters plugged in at once with one functioning as a passthrough? I’m not sure how Windows would handle that, but I suppose it’s cheaper than a DolphinBar if it’s possible.
Yes, having 2 adapters is fine, just make sure when you overwrite the driver you're doing it with the adapter that isn't being used for your headset/controller. If you look at the bottom of the Bluetooth adapter page there's a list of tested adapters. I think there's also a thread around here with more tested adapters, somewhere......

chipss

(04-12-2021, 02:13 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, having 2 adapters is fine, just make sure when you overwrite the driver you're doing it with the adapter that isn't being used for your headset/controller. If you look at the bottom of the Bluetooth adapter page there's a list of tested adapters. I think there's also a thread around here with more tested adapters, somewhere......
I'd like to give an update and say that this did in fact work perfectly! The only downside is that I have one less USB port available for use now.  Tongue
Thanks!
The sacrifices one must make for Dolphin. Wait until you have a GC adapter permanently hooked up and taking up 2 ports