Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Program/game wont identify my controller
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

JustTryingToPlayKirby

I got dolphin just to play kirby return to dream land and I bought a thrid party wired usb 360 controller to play it with. No matter what I do the game wont recognize it and say things like please put in a wii remote, or remove wii remote add on. Ive been trying to config it all day and ot just wont work.

I tried to do a work around that someone posted a year or two ago but that didnt work.
The work around is to config the controller as DInput/0/Keyboard then go in with right click and manually set everything but that didnt work.

And Ive tested the controls on other wii games on dolphin but it doesnt work etheir.

so please help me, I just want to play kirby.

JustWantToPlayAnimalCrossing

(04-02-2021, 03:11 PM)JustTryingToPlayKirby Wrote: [ -> ]I got dolphin just to play kirby return to dream land and I bought a thrid party wired usb 360 controller to play it with. No matter what I do the game wont recognize it and say things like please put in a wii remote, or remove wii remote add on. Ive been trying to config it all day and ot just wont work.

I tried to do a work around that someone posted a year or two ago but that didnt work.
The work around is to config the controller as DInput/0/Keyboard then go in with right click and manually set everything but that didnt work.

And Ive tested the controls on other wii games on  dolphin but it doesnt work etheir.

so please help me, I just want to play kirby.

In the same boat with you. I was trying to configure a Gamesir controller through USB, but nothing happened when I press the buttons. No other programs seemed to be having the same trouble detecting my controller, but then again, Dolphin has always been kind of a joke. I've tried using it several times since the early 2010's, and i've always had trouble with bugs or other problems - and if the lack of responses on such a commonly reported, persistent issue is any indication, I don't think anybody gives much of a stuff.

Bitterness aside, try setting Dolphin to run as administrator (navigate to your Dolphin directory; right click Dolphin.exe and select "Properties"; click the Compatibility tab; and down the bottom, click the checkbox to enable "Run as Administrator"). The program doesn't seem to be able to detect the controller otherwise, for whatever reason, yet I had to dig up an old Youtube video to even find this out.