Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I want to run Dolphin out of a single folder.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

PandArmy

Hey guys, do you know how to get where dolphin will run out of a single folder? I want all of my dolphin assets in one place but when I move the "Dolphin Emulator" folder to a different place it just make a new set of folders into my documents section. Everything but that folder is in a different one for dolphin, even the .exe for it
Create a file call portable.txt in the same folder as dolphin.exe. It was make the user folder in the same folder as dolphin. The easy way is to right click, go to new and create text document then rename the file.

PandArmy

(03-30-2021, 11:33 AM)themaster123 Wrote: [ -> ]Create a file call portable.txt in the same folder as dolphin.exe. It was make the user folder in the same folder as dolphin. The easy way is to right click, go to new and create text document then rename the file.

Hey thanks friend, I got the email about this reply and then forgot about it until now. that worked. only problem is that I have no save data anymore, but whatever that just means I can restart.
Get your saves (and other data) from Documents > Dolphin Emulator and copy them into the folder where you're running Dolphin from

PandArmy

(03-31-2021, 09:17 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Get your saves (and other data) from Documents > Dolphin Emulator and copy them into the folder where you're running Dolphin from

The thing is those save files are gone.
(03-31-2021, 09:33 PM)PandArmy Wrote: [ -> ]The thing is those save files are gone.

Adding a portable.txt file never deletes any save files. It simply makes Dolphin not find them unless you move them.

PandArmy

(03-31-2021, 10:28 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Adding a portable.txt file never deletes any save files. It simply makes Dolphin not find them unless you move them.

The save files were gone before adding portable.txt.
Hi guys! I have a similar question, I need to collect all the documents in a single folder, and some of my documents should be combined into one file.
Please see the Forum Rules about necroposting. For topics older than 6 months old, we recommend users make a new thread with detailed information about their issue or problem.