Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problem with twilight princess! ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Babylon91

Hey guys what's up what's up!

Ehm, ye, I have a problem with dolphin. I'm trying to play Twilight princess NTSC on dolphin and the menu screen and the sound works decent but when i try to play a new game the opening scene goes down to a charming 0.5 FPS so you can say it's quite unplayable to wait 50 hours for a cutscene to end. Same happened when I downloaded a save file and then went to another area the whole game went black on me.

There is also a slight problem with the screen as aprox. everything is blurred in squares, Perhaps you guys know how to fix this problem or maybe I should buy me a PAL-version?

PC Specs:
AMD Athlon X2 550 3.1 Ghz
ATI Radeon 4890 1gb
4 gb ram

I'm using the 4525 with "default" settings on plugins: dolphin opengl.(Vsync, auto scale 1x aniso filter enabled. and I've checked:

Enable dual core
enable idle skipping
JIT recompiler
optimize quantizers
DPS on thread

Nothing checked on advanced open gl plugin config except copy efb to system (RAM)

Thx for quick reply!
We need-

1- your pc specs
2- your dolphin version
3- the plugins you're using
4- the options you've checked in the configuration

That's just for starters. My specs are in my sig, and i can play the Gamecube version fairly well with some minor slowdown. The Wii version has worse slowdown, i don't believe any PC currently can play it fullspeed at all times.
use DX9 plugin it's much better than the OGL plugin
There's also an option in both graphics plugin called Copy EFB to- and then two options. RAM and texture. Texture is generally a lot faster for me, i keep it checked in all games besides Mario Sunshine which needs it. I don't think the Texture option has any negatives for Zelda.
isn't efb to ram needed for the minimap
Maybe so, i've not tested out Twilight Princess much yet. I do know it is much faster with the Texture option though lol! I might sacrifice the minimap personally for better speed. Tongue
yeah it is much faster with Texture option and minimap is not really needed to finish the game i finished it back when there was no minimap in the DX9 plugin

Babylon91

I've actually managed to play with a save but when i switch to another area it goes black and I hear a laggy sound...I will try with d9 now

Ok I got it working now and the cutscenes are running smoothly.

Thx a million times guys!
your welcome
I guess it's stating the stupid and obvious, but all hail the Direct3D plugin and its awesome speed on us with crappy GPU's!!! Tongue
Pages: 1 2