Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Controller works in menu but not in game (Android)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there,

I just received a controller for my android phone, an xinput one, and after binding the controls in the settings of Dolphin, I reach the game and pushing the B button acts like I just pressed the "back" button on my phone.

It's as if the interface is taking over the controller and not letting the game receive the inputs, I hope this makes sense.

Basically my controller only interacts with the interface, but not the game.

Do you have any ideas what could cause this?

Thanks a lot !!
If you have any accessibility services enabled, try disabling them.

If that doesn't help, supposedly configuring the controller in the per-game settings (after long-pressing a game in the game list) instead of the normal settings can help.
(03-22-2021, 02:15 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]If you have any accessibility services enabled, try disabling them.

If that doesn't help, supposedly configuring the controller in the per-game settings (after long-pressing a game in the game list) instead of the normal settings can help.

Thanks a lot, I did deactivate accessibility services I had enabled, but that didn't fix it.

So I configured the controller on a per game basis and it worked, only I noticed my games were running extremely slowly compared to the usual, so I just deleted all config files in the dolphin-emu folder and reconfigured Dolphin.

Now my controller works on all games and speed is back to normal !!

Rudolfo

Having a similar problem.

Everything works fine for a few days. Then without any warning the Wii games stop accepting inputs from the Bluetooth controller. The B on the controller goes to the game emulator menu and then it just works there.

GC games continue to work as intended.

If I reset the app it all works fine for a couple of days.

No accessibility options are being used.

Any ideas?