Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: F-Zero GX Menu Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

EXPowerBlast

When playing F-Zero GX, the races run buttery smooth, but the menus have some problems. The two main ones are the screen never fully fading to black upon transition, and the other is that when I switch between different tracks in practice mode to select one, I get big frame drops, up to 40 frames. In addition to that, the intro cutscene always chops up in the first few seconds. All of this happens only with this game, all my other ones (Melee, Sunshine, etc.) don't have any of that. Can anyone help?
What graphics backend are you using? For your AMD GPU, D3D or Vulkan are probably the fastest. Also make sure you have Windows Power Plan set to high performance. There's also probably and AMD GPU setting for high performance as well but idk where it is.

EXPowerBlast

I switched to Direct 3D11 as my backend, and that solved the cutscene issue, but not the menu ones. I'll tinker with the other two settings you listed and I'll get back to you if it works or if it doesn't.

Thanks for your reply!

EXPowerBlast

Right, so I tinkered with those settings, as well as the shader compiling ones, and the issues persist; I think it's most likely a question of hardware at this point. Still, thanks for the help.
If you're running at 1x IR and no other enhancements, and still getting the frame drops, you might be CPU limited

EXPowerBlast

In the end, it turns out that the game just does that; I tested it on my Wii, and it has those frame drops just the same as on Dolphin. Guess that solves the problem lol