Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Some Objects/Entire Video Seems to Stutter when using Free Look Movement?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

GlitchDoctor

So I'm trying to go for a cinematic effect for a video project, and in doing so, I'm trying to use the Free Look feature to move the camera specific ways so that way I can add text moving along with it and such in a video editor. It doesn't seem to matter what I do though, as during the movement of the camera, the video seems to stutter a bit while moving along (mainly when moving left or right). I've seen other people use this function with a far cleaner result and am trying to accomplish the same thing. Any tips on how to get the video completely smooth?

For anyone who's wondering, I'm trying to do this in Luigi's Mansion (NTSC-U).
So freelook is a hack, and how well games handle that hack is just, kind of up to the game. That being said, the usual symptom of this is that objects flicker and culling is exposed and other such problems, stutter during camera movement is not one i've seen. I'll try freelook in luigi's mansion tomorrow and see if I can reproduce it.

In the mean time, if you could post a clip of the issue I'd really like to see it.

GlitchDoctor

(03-10-2021, 09:42 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]So freelook is a hack, and how well games handle that hack is just, kind of up to the game. That being said, the usual symptom of this is that objects flicker and culling is exposed and other such problems, stutter during camera movement is not one i've seen. I'll try freelook in luigi's mansion tomorrow and see if I can reproduce it.

In the mean time, if you could post a clip of the issue I'd really like to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FnuOwzSOdQ

Starts at 0:03. As I'm moving right some objects seem to jerk/stutter, and sometimes the entire screen will stutter for just a moment. That'd make my idea look not that great at all. I'm hoping there's a way I could get this moving perfectly smoothly if possible.