Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Crashing when running Wii games and Certain Gamecube games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

DawnsRayofLight

Hello,

I was hoping I could get some help with Dolphin. It was running fine for a while then out of nowhere it started to not run Wii games. They basically crash when trying to start to run them. Most of the time I can at least get to the wii-remote screen but rarely the title screen. The only Wii game I have gotten to work is Metroid: The Other M. Gamecube games are also having some issues after trying a few. Metroid Prime 2 crashes, I am unsure what has caused this change recently.

Currently on dolphin-master-5.0-13817-x64, was running on 1156 and the Jan 2021 version until trying to remove all traces and start fresh (I may not have gotten everything?)

Rig:

Intel i5-8520U @1.6GHz
NVIDIA GTX 1050
8 GB RAM
Windows 10.

I'll try to monitor this thread. I am on the Eastern Seaboard of the US so I will be crashing soon. I appreciate any help on this, I would love to get back to enjoying some classics! Thanks Again!
Do a Windows Restart (not a shutdown)? Windows likes to cache some OS stuff on just the shutdown with Fast Startup.