Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wiimote not connecting to emulated game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am unable to connect my wiimote to any wii game. I can connect the controller to dolphin and use it to change keybindings but when I open a wii game it does not work. I have tried to go into tools and connect wii remote but I get the error in game saying "wii remote 1 connected" then instantly after it says "wii remote 1 disconnected" I have tried all of the remote connections and it still does not work. Could I get some help with this?
Update to the latest dev build of Dolphin?

RaisePhoenix

I'm a little confused. Are you using an actual Wii remote and programming to an emulated Wii remote? If you go under the controller and set it to Real Wii remote, you do not have to do any bindings and the Wii remote will connect to Dolphin (by holding 1+2 down for a few seconds). 

If you are using a different controller, how are you connecting your controller? 
(03-11-2021, 01:41 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Update to the latest dev build of Dolphin?

It connects but still cannot control the game with it.
If I use real wiimote then It will not connect on the last stable. On the newest dev it connects but does not do anything. On the latest Dev I have to emulate the wiimote and bind controls to the wiimote for it to work.
(03-11-2021, 02:01 AM)RaisePhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a little confused. Are you using an actual Wii remote and programming to an emulated Wii remote? If you go under the controller and set it to Real Wii remote, you do not have to do any bindings and the Wii remote will connect to Dolphin (by holding 1+2 down for a few seconds). 

If you are using a different controller, how are you connecting your controller? 

But yes I am using a Real wiimote. It is connected to dolphin but when I go to connect it to the game it says it was disconnected by emulated software
Okay so let me explain in one post. I have the last stable 5.0. I am using a wiimote with motion plus and when I try to connect the wii remote to the game it says in the game "wiimote 1 connected, wiimote 1 disconnected" I have the wiimote connected to the computer and can use it in dolphin. I am unable to connect the remote to the game though. I have tried multiple versions and the same thing happens. Does anyone know whats wrong?