Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Trouble playing Dolphin on TCL Roku TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MurdahMace

I have been attempting to play various games through Dolphin on my 55R625 TCL Roku TV and have been running into issues with massive visual/audio lag. I have found a fix for some games when I play the game at 110% speed. I have no issues with playing the same games directly from my Asus monitor. I have played with my monitor duplicated, extended and with only TV connected nothing changes. I would like to play the games in the same normal speed that I can on my computer monitor. What might be the problem here?

This may also help in some way, but I have had similar issues with other emulators such as mGBA, VirtualBoyAdvanced, and older versions of fceux. I  also have other emulators that WORK such as snes9x and noca$hgba that run fine on all default settings through my TV.

Any thoughts on how to fix this problem is greatly appreciated.
Try disabling vsync. (Perhaps the connection to the TV only supports 30 Hz and you're running 60 fps games?)

MurdahMace

Wow it seems like that was a perfect fix. I was pretty sure that my TV could run 60hz, but maybe not. Thanks a bunch
Chances are that your TV does support 60 Hz, but that the connection you're using doesn't support 60 Hz unless you change to a lower resolution.
If this is a 4k tv maybe he need to check the hdmi port he connected to. Maybe he plug into a hdmi 1.4 port which is limited to 30hz at 4k, rather then the hdmi 2.0 port which is capable of 60hz at 4k. My mom new monitor had this arrangement with her hdmi ports.
Update your TV firmware and OS to the latest, and make sure that your input mode is set to Game mode. Make sure you have a HDMI 2.0 cable to the TV, as all 4 ports are HDMI 2.0. Then in your computer, make sure that you have the resolution set to 3840 × 2160 (4K) and not 4096 × 2160 (DCI 4K), and then under Advanced Display Options you have the Refresh rate set to 60Hz.

All data pulled from: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/6-...-r625-2019