Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Skyward Sword] Joy-Cons config and resourcepack (please move to controllers forum)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody, I made an input config and resource pack in order to play Skyward Sword on Dolphin with Joy-Cons.
This config aim to have full functionality using the Joy-Cons' motion controls but also give the alternative to only use buttons, I'll explain everything below.
The resourcepack is needed to have the correct prompts on screen.

Standard input config setup with motion

1) Setup BetterJoy (Download) like this:
Spoiler:
Note that the right Joy-Con must be paired first.

Open Dolphin, in the Controller settings enable Alternate Input Sources like this:
Spoiler:
2) Config
Download this zip and place the config "SkSw_BetterJoy.ini" in the "Dolphin emulator\Config\Profiles\Wiimote" folder.
In Dolphin, in the Controller settings set Wii Remote 1 to "Emulated Wii Remote, click on Configure and Load the config.

3) Resource pack
Open Dolphin and go to "Tools->Resourcepack manager->Open directory..."
Place the resourcepack "Skyward Sword Joycons UI.zip" in that folder.
Install the resourcepack.

All set, now you should be able to play in the same way you played with your Wii Remote and Nunchuk with this remapped inputs:
[Image: ZLtfGGz.png]

This config also contains all the buttons combination described below, so it's the perfect hybrid Wink

No motion input config

If you don't want to use motion download this zip and follow only step 2 and 3.
All (I hope) the movements have been mapped as shown below.

[Image: N6PamB9.png]

Working on Xbox layout too Wink

Also note that I haven't fully tested the game from start to finish so there will be problems with on screen prompts.