Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to emulate the IR sensor?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

OmegaLol21

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting here so I apologize if I do anything wrong but how could I emulate the IR sensor in Wii games? I am currently using the Bluetooth passthrough option in Dolphin and it works great but the only thing I can't do is emulating the IR sensor. Is there a way I can do that with my mouse perhaps? Thanks.

RaisePhoenix

You can actually achieve this by using an emulated Wii remote and then by passing through all of the other actions using the remote and then you can program the IR to your desired input.

The first thing you need to do is open your controller settings and enable "Connect Wii Remotes for Emulated Controllers". After that, you need to change Wii Remote 1 to an Emulated Wii Remote then click configure.

At the very top of the page, you will want to change Device to "All Devices". Once this is done, simply bind all of the Wii remote functions by performing the required actions (pressing the button or moving the remote a certain way). Once that is complete, go the the "Motion Simulation" tab.

Under the option that says "Point", you will want to use your other input to program the IR functions (I used my mouse for this). After this is done you should be good to go!

Hope this helps!
If you're using a real Wiimote, though, it's pretty easy to come up with a stand-in sensor bar as the bar's just two sources of IR light about 25 cm away from each other. You could use two candles, two TV remotes with weights on the buttons, or a real sensor bar, either battery-operated, plugged into a real Wii instead of the computer, or one that runs off USB power.