Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Performance Issues - is my laptop just not good enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

daniel.duckworth@outlook.com

I have downloaded Dolphin and having some performance issues, particularly when running TLoZ:TP - it ran fine for the first 30 mins, but as soon as I entered a larger area the FPS dropped to 10 and it just collapsed. It runs TLoZ: WW relatively well - but still some issues in areas with lots of noise.

I have tried loads of different configs in an attempt to solve it, but now Im thinking my laptop just isn't good enough - specs below:

Operating System: Windows 10
Processor/CPU: Intel i3-6100U Dual Core
Video Card/GPU: Intel® HD Graphics 520
Memory/RAM: 8 GB RAM
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 5.0x64

Please help! Any support on best configs/graphics settings to get TP to run smoothly would be much appreciated, happy to forfeit graphics quality as well as long as it runs smoothly!
Right-click on Twilight Princess in Dolphin's game list, pick Properties, go to the Patches tab, and enable the Hyrule Field Speed Hack.

Your CPU is on the slow side, so you might not be able to get perfect performance, but this speedhack helps a lot in large areas in Twilight Princess.

daniel.duckworth@outlook.com

(03-01-2021, 08:40 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Right-click on Twilight Princess in Dolphin's game list, pick Properties, go to the Patches tab, and enable the Hyrule Field Speed Hack.

Your CPU is on the slow side, so you might not be able to get perfect performance, but this speedhack helps a lot in large areas in Twilight Princess.

Thank you! 
(03-01-2021, 08:40 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Right-click on Twilight Princess in Dolphin's game list, pick Properties, go to the Patches tab, and enable the Hyrule Field Speed Hack.

i3-6100U has a STP points of 1,342 according to PassMark Software.

So it's a very slow CPU to run Dolphin.