Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Twilight Princess speed issue (Way too fast)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Kantall

Quite the opposite to what I'd expected to be honest!

I booted up TC with the following settings, unsure of which of these are relevant so I'll mention them all that I have enabled

It's the GC version

General:

Enable Dual Core
Enable Idle Skipping
Framelimit - 55 (Doesn't seem to do much if anything)
HLE the IPL
JIT recompiler
Lock Threads to Cores
Optimize quantizers
DSP on thread

Graphics (Dolphin Direct3d9)

V-Sync
Render to Main Window
Enable CPU -> EFB Access
Resolution - 1024x768, Windowed

DSP (Dolphin DSP-HLE Plugin)

Enable HLE Audio
Enable DTK Music
Dsound

I'm not sure if this has any real soltuion other than turning off some of the recommended functions to deliberately sabotage the performance, but then my worry is the more demanding parts of the game will be extremely slow. Any help here is much appreciated and I apologise if I haven't provided enough information, if this is the case I'll be glad to provide anything else that's needed.
wow now that's something you don't hear often arond here have you tried turning on other audio in the HLE plugin it acts as a speed throttle as well

Kantall

Thanks, it's getting late now but I'll give that a shot come morning. I was surprised myself, I thought, despite having a decent rig, that I'd be struggling for speed.
your welcome and you've basically got all the eye candy stuff on apart from the 16x setting and Bilinear and Trillinear filtering that's impressive is it the same for any other games of yours

Kantall

This is actually the first time I've used dolphin so I'm not sure how other games run. Thanks for your advice, I switched those options in sound on and now it's running at the perfect speed. I heard there was slowdown in hyrule field so I'm not sure how my machine will cope with that, but so far no slowdown at all.

Thanks again.
your welcome and yeah later on it starts to lag in hyrule field when more areas are unlocked