Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: dolphin slow down after update to win 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

anpigrim

hello everyone. I have a problem that I can not find any solution yet.
this is my laptop's spec:

Intel core i3-2350 2.30Ghz
Ram: 4Gb.
Graphic: AMD Radeon HD 7400M Series.

I know that my laptop is not strong, but at the first time, I used win 7 on my laptop, and Dolphin worked just fine. I can play Sonic Colours with x2 render at almost steady 30fps, and The Wind Waker in native render at steady 30 fps. But since I update to win 10, Dolphin slows down, and I can only play Sonic Colours in native render at less then 20pfs, and the Wind Waker kept running at less than 20 fps.

I don't know why this happens. Plz help me.

Sorry for my bad English
Have you tried to reinstall your GPU drivers and make sure that your Windows Power Options are set to High performance?
If the laptop has switchable graphic it might be worth making sure it is using the amd card over the integrated graphic as well as what was previous post.

tarcisiorm

Another thing It's very rare to happen, but it happened to me, it was the refresh rate of your monitor. I use Dolphin on my TV, sometimes it changed the frame rate to 30hz, and with 30hz Dolphin will run half of the speed. No, I'm not saying it will run in just 30fps (half of the frames), it was exactly half of the SPEED of the game. So I changed to 60hz and it got normal speed again.
That likely due to vsync being on and the TV for some reason using 30hz as it refresh rate.