Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: USB controller configured: Does not work in-game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

CyberGibbon

Hi all,

I am running Xubuntu 20.04 LTS x64 with Dolphin 5.0 x64, installed from the Ubuntu repositories.
I have successfully played NGC games with a DS4 SONY controller.

For a better Gamecube experience I bought USB gamepads with a NGC layout by Retrolink.

My OS detects these controllers as 'Generic USB Joystick'.
I can map the buttons in Dolphin.
(The config utility shows an indication as buttons are pressed during controller configuration)

However, when I load a NGC game which used to work with the old controller, no input from the new NGC-like gamepad works.
I won't even get past the "press any button" screen.

I would really appreciate help on this one.
Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I have tried the following:

Lookup the issue online, did not find my specific problem among other controller related issues
Remove all listed controller configurations in Dolphin and tried to start anew
Restarted Dolphin
Restarted System
Reconnect controller, also in different USB port
Tried different NGC game, same results

Kind Regards
Have you tried the latest version of dolphin? Does the controller work in any other programs?

CyberGibbon

(02-11-2021, 07:33 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried the latest version of dolphin? Does the controller work in any other programs?

The controller works just fine in Supertuxkart which I just tested it with.

I have noticed that I am using the latest stable version of Dolphin, namely 5.0.
I'd like to try a newer beta release, such as 5.0-13603, but it seems only to be available for Windows/Mac/Android.
I'll check the Ubuntu repositories for a Beta version.

Edit: No Beta version available there...