Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Metroid Prime Surround no sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there. I'm using version 5.0-13614. My Metroid Prime is PAL. I've played it for a long time. But now, since version 5.0-13467, surround sound provoques crackling sound. I tried in both Metroid Prime 1 and 3 (all PAL), and the problem goes away if I use stereo cubeb HLE fast. Whenever I try any backend, or any combination of options to get surround sound with an LLE Recompiler, it crackles, both the music and the sounds. I haven't been able to fix it. I'm using a Corsair Void wired Virtual 3D Surround Headphones, and I tried updating its driver, but now, instead of crackling sound, there is no sound at all, unless I use Cubeb HLE fast. Is there any way to fix this?
(02-10-2021, 07:28 AM)paraemuladores Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there. I'm using version 5.0-13614. My Metroid Prime is PAL. I've played it for a long time. But now, since version 5.0-13467, surround sound provoques crackling sound. I tried in both Metroid Prime 1 and 3 (all PAL), and the problem goes away if I use stereo cubeb HLE fast. Whenever I try any backend, or any combination of options to get surround sound with an LLE Recompiler, it crackles, both the music and the sounds. I haven't been able to fix it. I'm using a Corsair Void wired Virtual 3D Surround Headphones, and I tried updating its driver, but now, instead of crackling sound, there is no sound at all, unless I use Cubeb HLE fast. Is there any way to fix this?

Solved the problem enabling Windows Sonic for Headphones in the Sound Panel. The 3d is not as good as it is with the Corsair application, but it is better than stereo. You may consider this thread resolved.