Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Sensor Bar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

andyg350

Good afternoon. I was wondering if I can use a cheaper sensor bar and not the dolphin sensor bar. I don't have lots of money and I don't want to spend $30.
Yes, absolutely. Just make sure you have a Bluetooth adapter as well. (The DolphinBar is a kind of weird hybrid of a sensor bar and a Bluetooth adapter.)
(02-10-2021, 02:44 AM)andyg350 Wrote: [ -> ]Good afternoon. I was wondering if I can use a cheaper sensor bar and not the dolphin sensor bar. I don't have lots of money and I don't want to spend $30.

Yeah, you should be able too, a regular "Sensor Bar" is literally just two IR LED's on a stick, some candles the right distance apart works too actually - all the actual sensing is in the Wii Remote itself.

As had been said though, yeah you'll need a bluetooth adapter as well.

andyg350

(02-10-2021, 04:26 AM)Ivybridge11 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, you should be able too, a regular "Sensor Bar" is literally just two IR LED's on a stick, some candles the right distance apart works too actually - all the actual sensing is in the Wii Remote itself.

So that's why when I move the Wii Remote in a certain way, the point shows up, but glitches.

andyg350

(02-10-2021, 04:26 AM)Ivybridge11 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, you should be able too, a regular "Sensor Bar" is literally just two IR LED's on a stick, some candles the right distance apart works too actually - all the actual sensing is in the Wii Remote itself.

I just tried using 2 darkish orange flashlights and it works. 

andyg350

(02-10-2021, 03:06 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, absolutely. Just make sure you have a Bluetooth adapter as well. (The DolphinBar is a kind of weird hybrid of a sensor bar and a Bluetooth adapter.)

If you don't have a sensor bar, you can use 2 flashlights. Works great for me!