Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Any point to keeping ISOs verified with redump now that RVZ is a thing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
RVZ is a pretty cool looking new format. Waaay better on saving space too.

I have kept my factory ISOs for a long time, due to obvious reasons like them being an idiot-proof starting point.
They take up a lot of space though. RVZ seems to be a lossless compression, according to the dev update last year.
Is there any point to keeping my old ISOs? Should I just convert everything to RVZ and save some space?
The main thing you currently lose is the ability to scan images with common checksum DATs. Dolphin can still generate appropriate checksums to verify things, but it's a per image process and I'm unaware of RVZ support in any current scanning tools / dats.
(02-08-2021, 12:51 PM)Kolano Wrote: [ -> ]The main thing you currently lose is the ability to scan images with common checksum DATs. Dolphin can still generate appropriate checksums to verify things, but it's a per image process and I'm unaware of RVZ support in any current scanning tools / dats.

Thanks. Maybe if RVZ becomes a bit more popular there will be a bit more support, hopefully.
Still, if someone's interest is emulation, RVZ seems pretty decent