Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Xbox 360 port?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Rad0x

Is anyone of the Dolphin team interested in making a port of Dolphin for the Xbox 360?
No

Rad0x

May I ask why not?
Because it's not even complete for Windows, Linux and MacOS
I'm not likely to do a port, for the following reasons:
1) Few 360Confused are homebrew capable - mine's been updated past the last hackable dashboard, for example.
2) It's very hard, and one HELL of a lot of work.
3) Releasing XDK-compiled binaries is illegal, and porting dolphin without use of the XDK would be very very hard.

Anyone is free to do a port though since Dolphin is open source.

Rad0x

Well I think there are quite a few homebrew Xbox 360s available and in use at the moment, I think the number runs in the thousands (for now). Releasing XDK-compiled binaries is illegal indeed, but people could always build the binaries themselves using an XDK they accidentally tripped over while laying on the sidewalk or something. But I don't think this would be the place to discuss releasing issues, would it?

I'm not sure though how much work it would be, that's the reason I asked the question in here. I have read that the XDK supports C++ and DirectX 9, so that may be convenient.
i dont think the xbox is capable of running dolphin in the first place
in theory it's possible but in reality to many things would be a problem to get working and then the fact that when you compare the amount of people with homebrew enabled 360's to the total amount of 360 owners it doesn't really appear to be that appealing plus as nosound said dolphin doesn't fully work on windows for example the amount of effort that was put in in order to get something like multiwiimotes working on dolphin on windows now imagine how much more would be needed for a port to the 360