Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I got 20 FPS on Zelda TWP with a i7 67000K and GTX 1060 6go
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Nicolas

Hi guys,

This summer I downloaded Dolphin in order to play Zelda Twilight Princess on Wii. The emulation was fluid and I got no problem with my FPS during like 3 months. After that I played Mario Party with some friends on the Game Cube emulator and I stoped using Dolphin for a while.

My issue is that when I re-launched Dolphin 3 days ago it was impossible for me to have more than 25 FPS on the same game and with the same config.

I have searched a lot on internet to change my graphic settings but nothing work...  Huh

I implore your help guys !

[Image: oixi.png] [Image: dnxi.png] [Image: 7ck7.png]
Please post a screenshot of your Graphics > Enhancements tab. And did you play Mario Party in a different version of Dolphin than the one you have been using for Twilight Princess?

Also when using [img], please remember to use the direct links from that site. I had to fix that for you!

Nicolas

(02-04-2021, 04:07 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]Please post a screenshot of your Graphics > Enhancements tab. And did you play Mario Party in a different version of Dolphin than the one you have been using for Twilight Princess?

Also when using [img], please remember to use the direct links from that site. I had to fix that for you![/img]
[img]

Hi, thanks for your answer and for the fix! Wink

Yes exactly I played on a different version, I went from the version 5.0-11863 to the 5.0 for Mario Party.
I tried to change my settings on all these different versions but I've got the same issue.
Also I tried to remove the config folder in /Document/Dolphin Emulator/ in order to reset my setting (because when I start Dolphin this folder is re-created) but this doesn't work either.

Here my Enhancements Tab :

[Image: 5yj2.png]
[/img]
Did you enable the Hyrule Field speed hack (under properties/patches)? If not that may very well be the reason for the low FPS (it's Twilight Princess specific and afaik the FPS the speed gets wose the longer you play without the speedhack)

Nicolas

(02-05-2021, 03:08 AM)chrisis123 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you enable the Hyrule Field speed hack (under properties/patches)? If not that may very well be the reason for the low FPS (it's Twilight Princess specific and afaik the FPS the speed gets wose the longer you play without the speedhack)

Thank you for your answer, yes I just did it but in fact I have no FPS even when I'm in the start menu.. Sad
How do you know about 25 fps? Enable Option Show FPS, then we will know what the real fps is.

You have native scaling, it cannot be faulting by high resource demand.

Did You upgraded Drivers in the meantime? May be problem with other "things" than emulator itself. Try to download newest dolphin built from official site, and/or use vulkan backend.

Also, You might accindentally put Your windows in low power mode?

Nicolas

Hi sirdaniel !
Thanks for your reply Big Grin

For the FPS, I've used the fps calculator form GeForce Experience (in green on the down left corner), the dolphin indicator (on the top of the fram )and I also tried with the option in the settings of Dolphin I got the same fps.

Here a picture : https://zupimages.net/up/21/05/rjkm.png

I have recently tried to update all my drivers but I still have the same issue. I also tried with almost all the different of Dolphin but nothing changed (I tried to use vulkan, openGl and using my GPU each times when it was possible).

I'm not using a laptop so I dont know if it's possible to enable the "low power mode".

If someone find this Thread and have the same problem than me, I could advise him to use Cemu in order to emulate Twilight Princess on a Wii U instead of a Wii if there is no other alternative.