Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Game freezing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am playing Metroid Trilogy and every 30 seconds or so the game freezes for about 2-5 seconds. I have tried Direct 11 and 12 and open GL. All the same result.
I have checked my Nvidia control panel and am set to 60 hz and 1920x1080.
The game is running really smoothly without any screen tear or anything otherwise.

I'm playing with real Wiimote and Nunchuck via the wonderful Mayflash bar.

Is there anything else I can try.

17-7700 4.2ghz
Nvidia 1080
16gb ram
What dolphin version are you using? Have you tried Asynchronous Ubershaders?
(02-01-2021, 07:58 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]What dolphin version are you using? Have you tried Asynchronous Ubershaders?

Hi. I have the latest update of Dolphin. Just tried Asynchronus Ubershaders, but the problem is still there!
Have you try to check the compile shader before start option. Direct x tend to be better for this also. If that don't do anything try synchronous ubershader and see if that fixes it. If it does it probably a good time to see if you need to update you graphic card drivers, even if it doesn't it worth doing if the driver are relatively old. You shouldn't use synchronous ubershader unless you have to as it much more demanding the async.
(02-01-2021, 11:26 AM)themaster123 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you try to check the compile shader before start option. Direct x tend to be better for this also. If that don't do anything try synchronous ubershader and see if that fixes it. If it does it probably a good time to see if you need to update you graphic card drivers, even if it doesn't it worth doing if the driver are relatively old. You shouldn't use synchronous ubershader unless you have to as it much more demanding the async.

Ah. I thought I had to use both Asynch and Compiler. I'll have a go at just compiler tomorrow! Thanks.
You want to use both Asynchronus ubershader and compile together. If that doesn't work then try synchronous ubershader at 1x and see if that works.
(02-01-2021, 12:21 PM)themaster123 Wrote: [ -> ]You want to use both Asynchronus ubershader and compile together. If that doesn't work then try synchronous ubershader at 1x and see if that works.

Got it all working full speed. Looks good apart from a flickering bar at the top of the screen.