Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Excitebots: Trick Racing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Excitebots: Trick Racing

Excitebots takes speedy racing and injects it with crazy stunts and wacky minigames. The result is riotously fun. - Gamespot

[Image: 958377_121324_front.jpg]

Dolphin 4716 Settings
[attachment=2001]

Problems with Game
Texture error on developer logo screen. Slight fps slow downs on some maps. 60 fps on menus and 30 fps in game (Game design is 30 fps max on races). If you really in need of fps then disable safe texture cache. Will make your interface a bit weird in race but gives 2-3 extra fps on stages where you get slowdowns. I've learned the China courses are the worst. couple 15/30 fps drops so I usually run safe texture cache off on that stage. Using Spellforces svn 4716m which can be obtained Here
Finished game completely without any problems besides slowdowns in fps on some stages.

Dolphin 4716 Gameplay Video
Exitebots: Trick Racing Youtube Video

Screenshots
[attachment=2002][attachment=2003][attachment=2004][attachment=2117]

[color=#FFA500]UPDATE[/color]
Using spellforces 4758 works a bit better in fps. Also natural builds in around 4770 work just as well.
dude, it's cool how you contribute to dolphin...however...your blue shell is the death of my eyes! -_-
^^
(12-30-2009, 02:25 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]dude, it's cool how you contribute to dolphin...however...your blue shell is the death of my eyes! -_-
^^

Could not agree more Big Grin... nice work though! Wink
(12-30-2009, 02:25 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]dude, it's cool how you contribute to dolphin...however...your blue shell is the death of my eyes! -_-
^^

Someone's got Avatar fever Tongue

great job though. How far are you in the game jedikevin20?

ps. why do you have native resolution checked but config a full resolution in fullscreen?
I get 1-2 FPS in-menus and 3 FPS in-game with your settings.
I am using:
Dolphin r4727x64
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 @2.48Ghz
RAM: 4GB DDR2
Video card: Ati Radeon HD3870X2

I usually get atleast 30FPS in other games, but this one really lags Sad
look like 4716 is your FAV svn.I don't really like sound system rework too.
Yeah my blue shell takes time to get use to for folks. I have a problem with my eyes so it doesn't bother me but definitely understand. Yea spellforce your 4716 svn is just nice. Instars ask spellforce for his svn and see if that helps. I think native is checked just because I usually play in windowed but switched to fullscreen for video. Its whatever I had selected when I recorded. I am now to the silver cup and its all fine. Still couple slowdowns to 19-20 fps in race then back to 30.
see my skydrive for 4716 version 2
just change only 2 value so it has notthing impact.only increase compatibility.

http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/iss...&start=100
I tried r4774 and it works much better now!
I get 20-30 FPS in-game and 60 FPS in-menus.
yep, it's running quite well now. Interestingly, Excitebikes (WiiWare) seems to have the same engine or something, because it's also much faster now (both were unplayably laggy before). Also they both have the same little graphical glitch with DX9 (ground textures next to the track)
Pages: 1 2