Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I'm a Little Concerned over This
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I was playing a game and it froze on me and with a distortion of the game screen. It also deleted my save data. I ran a scan and it detected what appears to be a virus. The emu I downloaded was the latest in the Development versions. ([color=#2a6496]5.0-13583) [/color] I'm not sure how to proceed. Below is a screenshot of the scan results. The first time I ran the scan it detected an infection and I removed it. I then reinstalled the emulator above, ran another scan, and again an infection was detected. I don't know if this is a false positive or a true infection, that's why I figured it'd be best to ask you all here, as you know much more than I do about the issue. 

Thank you

[Image: 0JEborl.png]
If you're downloading directly from this website at the link from the top of the page, and your computer/browser is free of other viruses, then you can be certain to a relative degree that you have a clean and virus-free download.

Dolphin has a lot of code that can trigger false positives, and it has effected various parts of Dolphin and the auto-updater: https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2019/11/07/...a-cloud-ai

If you feel comfortable, white-list the folder where you keep the Dolphin executable
(01-29-2021, 08:30 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]If you're downloading directly from this website at the link from the top of the page, and your computer/browser is free of other viruses, then you can be certain to a relative degree that you have a clean and virus-free download.

Dolphin has a lot of code that can trigger false positives, and it has effected various parts of Dolphin and the auto-updater: https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2019/11/07/...a-cloud-ai

If you feel comfortable, white-list the folder where you keep the Dolphin executable

Okay. Thank you for your advice KHg8m3r Smile