Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Cheat codes when running back up DVDs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone. I know how to enter cheat device codes when running disc images off the hard drive but where do I enter them if I'm running a game from a back up disc in my DVD drive? With a disc images you can right click on it and go to the properties menu but there's nothing I'm seeing like this after starting a game from the DVD drive.
Try Tools -> Cheats Manager. You might need to restart the game.
(01-26-2021, 02:55 PM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Try Tools -> Cheats Manager. You might need to restart the game.

I looked there. It appears to only be for finding and creating cheats.
AFAICT Dolphin will load the game INI that matches the DVD backup when you boot the game, so, any cheat code added there will be applied. However, since you can't bring the Game Properties window for a DVD backup, you'll need to edit/create the INI files manually...
(01-27-2021, 08:43 AM)mbc07 Wrote: [ -> ]AFAICT Dolphin will load the game INI that matches the DVD backup when you boot the game, so, any cheat code added there will be applied. However, since you can't bring the Game Properties window for a DVD backup, you'll need to edit/create the INI files manually...

Thanks. This does seem to be the case.