Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: MSAA forced?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

pauLJackson

Hi, I'm new here. I am from Chile and for one or two days I played dolphin with my son without any problem. from gamecube and wii games.
Today I tried to play with my son and I was surprised that the emulator says that the MSAA is being forced or something like that, the window stays black, sometimes it gives sound but no image when I press accept the error. I find this illogical since from the driver I have deactivated antialising and dede the dolphine configuration is also deactivated. and installed over and over you see dolphine from betas to stable applications. I tried to change from Open GL, vulkan and direct 11 and 12 and nothing happens. lower the resolutions and move all of the settings and nothing. Before it didn't happen to me, what can I do?

PS: I have a ryzen 5 3600 processor x64, 16 GB ram 3000Mhz and an RX 5600 xt GPU, windows 10 - 64bit

Attached photos Confused
Can you post an image of the anti aliasing configuration in your graphics drivers configuration utility?

pauLJackson

[Image: 0ZYTgP1]
[Image: yRcTP6j]
Ah HA! In Catalyst's settings for Dolphin, you have Enhance Application Settings (mejorar configuraciones) configured, and, if I'm reading this correctly, you have Adaptive Multisampling (muestreo multiple adap...) enabled. So in this configuration, Radeon Catalyst is noticing that Dolphin isn't using much GPU power and is automatically enabling 8x MSAA.

To fix this, in Catalyst's settings for Dolphin set Anti-Aliasing to "Use Application Setting" (google says "usar la configuración de la aplicación") then set Anti-Aliasing Method (Metodo Anti-Aliasing) to Multisampling (muestreo multiple). This is how it is configured in your system settings, so just copy those settings to the Dolphin section and you're all set!

pauLJackson

(01-21-2021, 04:58 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]Ah HA! In Dolphin's settings, you have Enhance Application Settings (mejorar configuraciones) configured, and, if I'm reading this correctly, you have Adaptive Multisampling (muestreo multiple adap...) enabled. So in this configuration, Radeon Catalyst is noticing that Dolphin isn't using much GPU power and is automatically enabling 8x MSAA.

To fix this, for Dolphin set Anti-Aliasing to "Use Application Setting" (google says "usar la configuración de la aplicación") then set Anti-Aliasing Method (Metodo Anti-Aliasing) to Multisampling (muestreo multiple). This is how it is configured in your system settings, so just copy those settings to the Dolphin section and you're all set!

I tried it over and over and I keep getting the same message. What I can do?
Well, I am not that familiar with Radeon Catalyst and I can't speak Spanish, so I may have gotten something wrong in my instructions. If anyone with one or both of those qualifications could speak up.........

pauLJackson

sorry but if I understood your point of view ...

estimated
I was able to solve my problem as follows

first step
enter task manager - performance - note that processor virtualization was disabled and enable it.

second step
run the dolphin normally - settings -
in basics - engine: switch between the different options and run a game to test which option works.

third step
among the options
- OpenGL
-Directx 11
-Directx12
-Vulkan
-Drawn by software

Formerly dolphin always worked for me in generic OpenGL installation
always play like that.

My correct choice was. Vulkan. I tried each option until I got it right.

I hope I can help someone else with my pc specs.

greetings from chile dBig Grin
I think the MSAA thing was a red herring. The tooltip in Radeon Software (not Catalyst as that got replaced over five years ago) says the MSAA overrides only affect D3D9 applications, which isn't the case here.