Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: can this laptop run dolphin 5?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Irieth

Can this HP laptop run dolphin 5 emulator decently at 720 / 1080p resolution? It is mainly for mario / luigis mansion games and some other children's games

15.6 ″ FHD (1920 x 1080) display
2-core i3-1005G1 processor
8GB DDR4-2666 RAM
256GB SSD Disk
Graphics Intel UHD Graphics (Integrated)
HP Multi-Format SD Card Reader
Fingerprint reader
Wi-Fi 5 (2x2) and Bluetooth 5.0
I suggest you a laptop with ryzen procesor because amd's built-in graphics are so much better.
Well, this laptop has all features to play nicely, brand new processor with currently smallest 10nm litohraphy, better than usual G1 graphics, so this all should work good. The built-in are not a problem. 

The problem is TDP 15W or configurable to 13W. Since Dolphin will take all resources your intel CPU, i m afraid it gonna get hot immediately. You might experience throttling that will degrade performance heavily. Otherwise, the paper specs are good as mentioned at the beginning.

Its too early say if that Laptop is enough, users of it should make an opinion. The best what You can do is check out online reviews and pay attention on how CPU behaves at full usage (thermal throttling).