Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: NFS Hot Pursuit 2 Rainbow Color
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

touminator

Hi.
I played yesterday NFS Hot Pursuit 2 without any problems with DX11 .
But today for some weird reason I got "rainbow colors" all over the place.

I tried whith latest stable build, and latest dev build with same result.

My pc specs:
Windows 10 x64
Amd Ryzen 5 3400G
16GB Ram
500 GB SSD M2
AMD RX Vega 11 GPU

Picture-------->https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZL05mXZqEToukFoOYVEHovzj6H3078k3b70

All the settings are set to default except the resolution, which is set to 1024x720.
Could really use some help.
Thanks!
Is this only in fullscreen mode, or does it also happen in windowed mode?

If you change backends to Vulkan or OpenGL does it do the same thing?

If you Restart you computer (not shutdown) does that fix it?

touminator

(01-19-2021, 09:25 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Is this only in fullscreen mode, or does it also happen in windowed mode?

If you change backends to Vulkan or OpenGL does it do the same thing?

If you Restart you computer (not shutdown) does that fix it?

Same thing in windowed mode, but not in game menu for some reason.
Video----->https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZE8FmXZJYzjYfODbNuDsl7G2DOcfjxwwtFy

Same thing with Vulkan, but not with OpenGL (but it's laggy as hell).

Tried to restart my PC but unfortunately same result.
I also got the latest Windows 10 patch and latest AMD driver installed.

It´s werid, cause the day before it was so smooth.
DX11 is also working fine with PCSX2 Emulator.

I got this error message:
"Note: Option "UseXFB" is overridden by game ini.
Warning: Opening the graphics configuration will reset settings and might cause issues!"
You better off updating dolphin to the current beta/dev. That message wouldn't appear in the current builds as far as I know. Are you opening the graphic menu at all when the game is running. There was a bug that cause the game ini to be ignored in favor of the graphic setting if the menu was open in game. This can cause issues since some games need certain setting to be enabled or disable.

touminator

(01-19-2021, 10:44 AM)themaster123 Wrote: [ -> ]You better off updating dolphin to the current beta/dev. That message wouldn't appear in the current builds as far as I know. Are you opening the graphic menu at all when the game is running. There was a bug that cause the game ini to be ignored in favor of the graphic setting if the menu was open in game. This can cause issues since some games need certain setting to be enabled or disable.

I already tried the current Beta/ Dev build without any luck.
Did you change any of the graphic settings. Have you try run a unzip the dolphin in a new folder and creating a portable.txt file. Right clicking and use new text document and rename it. Maybe there a bad setting or file. disabling antivirus might be good when you do this I heard some people problem where because of the antivirus during unzipping. I tried reproducing it on my desktop in profile and I didn't get that. Do you know if windows update might had upgrade you graphic driver before this happen, since maybe there a problem with the newer driver that you or window update could have installed. I meant that since you said this was working the day before fine this could have cause this.