Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Xbox One/Series X Magnetic Triggers Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Desmond27

I just got an Xbox Series X controller and wanted to use it on Dolphin but there's an issue. When I use pretty much any other controller (Real Gamecube, DS3, DS4, 8BitDo) that has standard triggers Dolphin reads repeated input of the triggers instantly and consistently, no matter how fast I push them. But with Xbox One and Xbox Series X the triggers don't read consistently. I'm playing Metroid Prime at a pretty high level, meaning I'm using lock on and manual aim frequently, and only with these two controllers am I having issues of dropped input. I don't think it's actually dropped, but I was wondering if there is someone who knows what is going wrong here. I know these controllers have that magnetic chip reading thing, and that this isn't always read well. Is this true for Dolphin? And is there any way for me to fix this? Because xbox apps read the triggers consistently with no issues, and even Dolphin's input test is reading it properly, but it's only when in game that it doesn't read properly.
Please post a screenshot of your GameCube controller configuration please.