Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Controller Settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So for whatever reason, I can't get WASD to work properly right now like it should, for the control stick. Anytime I press S, I move up instead of down, and I don't get why. If I reset the controls do default with the arrow keys, I have no issues.

I was using a USB controller previously and wanted to change it back if that matters at all.
Please use a recent version of Dolphin. 5.0 is very old.
Show a screenshot of your non-working configuration if you need more help after that.
(01-18-2021, 01:36 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Please use a recent version of Dolphin. 5.0 is very old.
Show a screenshot of your non-working configuration if you need more help after that.

I'm confused, I'm looking at the downloads page on the Dolphin site, 5.0 is the most recent version is it not? 
And how did you know I was using 5.0?
Your profile says you are using 5.0, the latest versions are either beta or development, not stable.
(01-18-2021, 11:14 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Your profile says you are using 5.0, the latest versions are either beta or development, not stable.

Oh I haven't updated my profile in ages, that's my bad :p Right now, I'm using 5.0-13480
(01-18-2021, 01:36 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Please use a recent version of Dolphin. 5.0 is very old.

Here's a screenshot of the configuration. Also, I've discovered this is only happening with one game, Pokemon XD. Controls seem to work perfectly fine with the other games I have.
Your stick calibration is bad (for both main and c-stick).
Click the "Calibrate" button and "rotate" the sticks in all directions with your keyboard keys.

Alternatively click the "Default" button on the top of the dialog (which gives you proper calibration for keyboard mappings) and don't touch the calibration.
(01-19-2021, 11:09 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]You're stick calibration is bad (for both main and c-stick).
Click the "Calibrate" button and "rotate" the sticks in all directions with your keyboard keys.

Alternatively click the "Default" button on the top of the dialog (which gives you proper calibration for keyboard mappings) and don't touch the calibration.

That fixed it. Much appreciated!