Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Compiling Dolphin for Apple Silicon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

AnotherDolphin

Considering that Apple is transitioning their entire Mac lineup to Apple Silicon, and therefore phasing out the x86 architecture on Macs, I'm curious what would be involved in building the macOS version of Dolphin for Apple Silicon. Considering their are already versions of Dolphin for the ARM architecture, I'm assuming the this wouldn't be too difficult. Has anyone worked on this yet?
(01-17-2021, 06:30 AM)AnotherDolphin Wrote: [ -> ]Considering that Apple is transitioning their entire Mac lineup to Apple Silicon, and therefore phasing out the x86 architecture on Macs, I'm curious what would be involved in building the macOS version of Dolphin for Apple Silicon. Considering their are already versions of Dolphin for the ARM architecture, I'm assuming the this wouldn't be too difficult. Has anyone worked on this yet?

There was a pull request submitted 3 days ago for Apple M1 build support. But it has not been merged yet. Some people have been successful @ building it using the PR, I was not (code signing errors during build and when trying to launch).

Dolphin works quite well with Rosetta 2 translation, so I wouldn't worry too much about the transition to Arm yet.

AnotherDolphin

(01-17-2021, 09:17 AM)ShadowMyst Wrote: [ -> ]There was a pull request submitted 3 days ago for Apple M1 build support. But it has not been merged yet. Some people have been successful @ building it using the PR, I was not (code signing errors during build and when trying to launch).

Dolphin works quite well with Rosetta 2 translation, so I wouldn't worry too much about the transition to Arm yet.

Ah, interesting. Thanks! I'm going to give the ARM build for macOS a go at some point as well. In the mean time I've been using Dolphin through the Rosetta 2 translation on my M1 Air as well and I'm impressed. Definitely looking forward to seeing it run natively on Apple's ARM chips in the future.