Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wiimote disconnects and Dolphin crashes when starting a game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Arthur88

Hey everyone, nice to meet you all.

I have been experiencing a terrible bug and could really use some help Huh

My Dolphin worked fine until I bought a generic USB Wii Sensor Bar to use with a Wii Motion Plus controller.

The controller won't connect through Window's default pairing process, as it seems to be the case with everyone, and connects just fine using Dolphin's Wii Bluetooth Emulator.

However, whenever I try to start a game while connected to the controller, I get a message saying "wiimote disconnected by emulated software" and Dolphin crashes right after the controller lights go off.

Here's an important detail: the game only crashes when it's supposed to show an on-screen pointer (which is right at the begging for most games). There's a game that doesn't have a cursor at the in-game menu, and I was able to access every menu option using the Wiimote's arrows without any problem. However, when I actually started the game, it disconnects and crashes as soon as my aim was supposed to appear on-screen.

The 5.0 version (stable) is the only one that shows a message saying the controller was disconnected. The others just crash without any warning after the controller's blue light goes blank.

Keyboard and mouse still work just fine.

Things I have tried to do and didn't work:
- Use another build (I've tried 5 different ones)
- Run Dolphin as an administrator
- Reinstall Dolphin and delete the configs folder
- Un-check continuous scan after the controller connects (always do that)
- Checking the option "use Wii Remotes for emulated controllers"
- Disable the default GameCube controller

Any help is really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Specs:
Win 10 x64 Pro Build 19041
Intel i5 9600K
Hyper-X 16GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 2070
Bluetooth Adapter 4.0

Arthur88

Solved it by myself.

I've reached the conclusion that the problem were the batteries. For some reason, unless the batteries are FULLY charged, the Wiimote acts as if they're nearly depleted and just disconnects. I'll submit another post discussing my battery problems, because they only last about an hour when fully charged. Also, I'm still having the problem where the whole emulator crashes whenever the controller disconnects.

Another thing that I did was installing and then uninstalling the official CSR 4.0 Bluetooth Dongle driver. When you install it, you also get a new BT interface which disables Windows default one. Dolphin cannot connect using anything but the Window's default adapter interface, so it has to be working.