Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Question about framerates/higher monitor refresh rates.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

jahali

Hello, I was wondering since I looked through most of the configuration menus on dolphin and tried what was available, and briefly looked through the internet for tutorials, if there is any way to go over 60 frames per second while emulating games? I have a 240 hz refresh rate monitor and I'm positive that my PC is able to run the emulator on higher framerates because I can run other higher performance demanding games with 180-240 frames per second. The reason why I'm asking is because I couldn't figure out a way to do it. Any help would be really appreciated, even if the problem doesn't end up being solved Smile
No, this isn't really something that's possible (unless you want the game to run too fast).

Cyiatic

(01-15-2021, 01:33 PM)jahali Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I was wondering since I looked through most of the configuration menus on dolphin and tried what was available, and briefly looked through the internet for tutorials, if there is any way to go over 60 frames per second while emulating games? I have a 240 hz refresh rate monitor and I'm positive that my PC is able to run the emulator on higher framerates because I can run other higher performance demanding games with 180-240 frames per second. The reason why I'm asking is because I couldn't figure out a way to do it. Any help would be really appreciated, even if the problem doesn't end up being solved Smile

https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2015/02/07/...fps-hacks/

Only really seen this for Sunshine so don't get your hopes up.