Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can this laptop run Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Maro

Hey,

so i‘m using my PC for dolphin but i also want to try using dolphin on my laptop and i was wondering if i could run dolphin and play mario party (only the gamecube mario party games so 4-7) on my laptop/is it good enough to run mario party/dolphin?

Specs:
Acer Swift114-32 Wiindows 10 64 Bit
Intel Pentium Silver N5000 CPU @ 1.10 GHz(4CPUs), ~1.1GHz
8GB Ram
Intel UHD Graphics 604 4GB

Those are the specs, is the laptop good enough to run Dolphin and the GC mario party games or is it not possible?

thanks in advance
I would not have high hopes for a laptop CPU with such a low clock, even if it does manage to hit max boost.

Maro

(01-13-2021, 11:16 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]I would not have high hopes for a laptop CPU with such a low clock, even if it does manage to hit max boost.

ok thank you

do you know if its possible to play the mario party games (4-7 gamecube versions) on dolphin on this laptop? (its a laptop from a friend)

the specs are the following:
Aspire 3 A315-54K-33QM Windows 10
CPU: Intel core i3-7020U 2,30 GHz Dual Core
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 620
RAM: 8GB DDR4 SDRAM

is it possible to play the mario party games of the gamecube version (4-7) on dolphin on this laptop?

would be cool if it works, since i can't take my pc to my friends house so if it works on his laptop, this would be cool
It should work much better, but I can't say for sure weather or not it will be fullspeed (definitely playable imo).

Maro

(01-14-2021, 09:05 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]It should work much better, but I can't say for sure weather or not it will be fullspeed (definitely playable imo).

alright thank you, i will give it a try
Better find a laptop with a Zen 2 or 3 based Ryzen processor. You can play full speed with native or 2x resolution for sure.