Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Ipod Touch as wireless controller
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

mknight

Does anyone know if it is possible to use an ipod touch as a wiimote for Dolphin? I know it's possible in general to use an ipod touch as a wiimote - look at the iFun app. I just don't know if it's possible to map it in Dolphin. I've been debating about buying an 8GB iPod touch off of Kijiji for $100 or buying an Archos 605 Wifi 30GB MP3 player online for $80 and if the iPod touch could be used in Dolphin, then I would most certainly pick it.
Mm.....Actually that is hard to do. Dolphin doesnt support it.
If someone is interested in give it support maybe in the future will be available?
it is possible i use an app called jumigamer on my ipod touch to control dolphin

mknight

Thanks for letting me know!
Although this is more than slightly off-topic, although the iPod touch does not have any expansion storage slots, has anyone discovered a way to add more storage space to the touch (e.g. homemade microSD expansion slot)? I googled and I couldn't find anything.
you just bought an apple.
there are no such extras.

btw: what about my nokia N82 and the accellerometer of it...
is there some application to use it as wiimote, too? ^^ (joke... i know it needs a pointer too Tongue)
Interesting... but, would an iPod really work THAT well with Dolphin? Seems like it'd be more cumbersome than its worth? Or no?
Maybe there is an app that makes it act like a wiimote, but you would still have no IR-sensor/camera Tongue
I don't even know if these things have bluetooth.
iPhones have bluetooth. I think the newer ipods do as well.

tiks

(01-23-2010, 02:02 PM)mknight Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for letting me know!
Although this is more than slightly off-topic, although the iPod touch does not have any expansion storage slots, has anyone discovered a way to add more storage space to the touch (e.g. homemade microSD expansion slot)? I googled and I couldn't find anything.

Yeah, and its called "get the 16 gb version (or 32gb one)"
Sorry, but you can't even change the batteries from an ipod

About using iPod Touch as a WiiMote
Yes it works (I tried), but playing Mario with this is just too hard: I couldn't run and jump at the same time or even walk, using touchscreen buttons is a pain in the ass, one thing touchscreen will never do is this... gamebuttons

How it works?
It won't use bluetooth but a WiFi connection and a program installed in your computer (obviously both need to be in the same network)