Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Black screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

riggabort

I just got dolphin 5.0 today, and am trying to play Paper Mario, but I have a black screen.
I’ve looked around and seen people talk about a black screen before, but the thing about mine, is that everything works just fine. I can control the things just fine, I just can’t see.
I’ve seen some replies on other threads saying it might be a bad dump or something.

Could also be my computer since it’s around a decade old, and I got it as a hand-me-down.

Whatever the case, I hope I figure it out

**RESOLVED** [Solution: change backend setting in graphic settings to Direct3D 11.)
What are your computer specs? Have you tried the latest beta of dolphin?
It could be be a bad dump. The recent builds of dolphin have the ability to verify in the game properties. However the specs are important. If you don't know how. Click the start button type to search "dxdiag". In the program shows with that name open it. In there will be you cpu and if you goto the display tab you find the graphic card. If it has render or display 2 tab also post that.

riggabort

(01-06-2021, 09:34 AM)themaster123 Wrote: [ -> ]It could be be a bad dump. The recent builds of dolphin have the ability to verify in the game properties. However the specs are important. If you don't know how. Click the start button type to search "dxdiag". In the program shows with that name open it. In there will be you cpu and if you goto the display tab you find the graphic card. If it has render or display 2 tab also post that.

Thanks for letting me know, I just updated my profile showing all of the info. The game works just fine now, I just needed to change the Backend setting to Direct3D 11.
I had blackscreen with my new Win 7 install. My Documents folder was the culprit for me. Must have been some old settings in there messing things up. Definitely I cannot mess with that. Glad you got it fixed.