Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Attempting to install a crap ton of WiiWare.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

FuryWingsYT

What's a fella gotta do to increase his Wii's "HDD" or have WiiWare games on a virtual SD card display on the home menu? If I gotta mod my Dolphin or something, I'm down to do that, just tell me how Smile
(01-06-2021, 01:24 AM)FuryWingsYT Wrote: [ -> ]What's a fella gotta do to increase his Wii's "HDD"

Not possible. (The size used to be unlimited in older versions of Dolphin, but this is no longer the case because some software breaks when there's more space than on a real Wii.)

(01-06-2021, 01:24 AM)FuryWingsYT Wrote: [ -> ]or have WiiWare games on a virtual SD card display on the home menu?

This can be done in the same way as on a real console. If you're installing games using the Wii Shop Channel, it has an option to save directly to the SD card. Otherwise, you can use the Wii Menu's data management screen to move channels from the internal NAND memory to the SD card. Just make sure to create a sufficiently large virtual SD card before you start, as described at https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...al_SD_Card

Alternatively, if you already have some channels on a real SD card that you're using with a real Wii, you can copy them to a virtual SD card and just start using that virtual SD card with Dolphin. But this requires you to have imported a NAND backup of that Wii into Dolphin.