Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Gamecube MPlayer CE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, it's been a while that I've been trying to get the .dol of the homebrew MPlayer CE to work but without success. Each time, whether it's on the emulator or the gamecube itself, I always get this message :

SD/USB access failed
Please check that you have installed MPlayer CE in the right folder
Valid folders :
 sd:/apps/mplayer-ce
 sd:/mplayer
 usb:/apps/mplayer-ce
 usb:/mplayer

On the gamecube, I used SWISS with the SD2SP2.
Would anyone know how to make this homebrew work?
Why do you wanna use the player on Dolphin when PC already has a player?
Mostly because for fun, but for wanting to know too if it's possible to watch movie on a Gamecube (since MPlayer CE was the Wii version of the homebrew for the Gamecube).
Are you launching the dol directly or using the homebrew channel to launch?
(12-31-2020, 04:56 PM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Are you launching the dol directly or using the homebrew channel to launch?

The homebrew channel ? For the Wii ? I know that the original version of the homebrew was for the Wii but I'm using the modified version that allow me to do the same on the gamecube. The problem is that I'm using an SP2SD2 to lunch games and homebrew, but the SD2SP2 don't exist when MPlayer CE was created, it works only with an SD Gecko (as far as I know), thing that I don't have...
(12-31-2020, 10:06 PM)Sleora Wrote: [ -> ]The homebrew channel ? For the Wii ? I know that the original version of the homebrew was for the Wii but I'm using the modified version that allow me to do the same on the gamecube. The problem is that I'm using an SP2SD2 to lunch games and homebrew, but the SD2SP2 don't exist when MPlayer CE was created, it works only with an SD Gecko (as far as I know), thing that I don't have...

Whoops, I saw sd and assumed wii. AFAIK there is no emulation for any GC sd or usb storage, so I don't think you can do this.