Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Question on the Ripping Games guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to rip Wii games without having to deal with multiple files. The guide says this can be done by using Cleanrip on an NTFS formatted USB drive; however the wii doesn’t recognise USB drives.
Do I need to install USB Loader GX to do so? Because the same guide says this is inferior to using CleanRip... and I don’t know how I can use CleanRip on a USB otherwise?

Maybe this would be better suited to the Wii section, but it seems like a contradiction in the Dolphin guide so I’m posting it here.
What is the drive your trying to use. Hard drive and some portable ssd can pull to much power to work properly. If it larger then 2tb then it likely wouldn't work either. You also need in disk management in windows see that using the mbr partition scheme.
Just a 32 gb stick. Not sure how to check on Windows, but MiniTool Partition Wizard says it's MBR.
Okay are you plugging in before launching the program. If that don't work are you sure it ntfs and not exfat as there similar in that the don't have a 32gb(using 3rd party program can still format past 32gb with fat32 though) windows formatting or the 4gb file size limit but exfat won't work with the wii.
I've tried it again, it seems all I have to do is have CleanRip on the SD card and it'll download to a USB if that option is selected? I assumed CleanRip had to be on the USB itself.
It is freezing though, so maybe I'm still missing something else...
(12-25-2020, 04:44 PM)themaster123 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay are you plugging in before launching the program. If that don't work are you sure it ntfs and not exfat as there similar in that the don't have a 32gb(using 3rd party program can still format past 32gb with fat32 though) windows formatting or the 4gb file size limit but exfat won't work with the wii.
got this after sending my previous message. 
It's definitely NTFS.
I plug the USB in when prompted and press A; the software lingers at the prompt screen until I unplug the USB. I'm going to leave it for a while and see if it does anything.
I never had any luck like that, i usually had to plug it in before launch CleanRip from the sd card to get it to recognize and it isn't always the most reliable either depend on the actual device. For example I can't get it to work with my 64 gb flash drive but a 250 gb portable ssd work fine for example. Do you have any other drive around. It worth noting that if you only plan to rip game cube games it won't create multiple files because of the fact that gamecube games and some wii games(not many I know of though) are under the 4gb limit of fat32.
You were right, it was just just being temperamental. Tried a different drive and it's working perfectly! Thanks!