Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin will not auto update anymore.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

tanookisuit3

Hi. My copy of Dolphin no longer auto updates. I have selected the "Dev" branch auto update option, and it has always worked. It no longer tells me when and update is available when launching Dolphin. Is there a way to fix this? I've tried clicking "check for updates" (which says I'm on the latest branch when I'm not) and re downloading Dolphin.

I'm on Windows 8.1 x64.

Thanks.

dolphinguy

(12-23-2020, 11:07 AM)tanookisuit3 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. My copy of Dolphin no longer auto updates. I have selected the "Dev" branch auto update option, and it has always worked. It no longer tells me when and update is available when launching Dolphin. Is there a way to fix this? I've tried clicking "check for updates" (which says I'm on the latest branch when I'm not) and re downloading Dolphin.

I'm on Windows 8.1 x64.

Thanks.
I have the exact same issue since about a month ago is there a known  fix?

tanookisuit3

I hope so. It's been happening to me for ages now. I hope there will be a fix soon.
Is there an ini file or something else that should be deleted/removed to restore auto-update functionality when it breaks?

I've experienced auto-update failures on 2 different Windows 10 systems. When auto-update breaks, the workaround is to discard the Dolphin-x64 program directory, download and extract the newest version, and just copy it back. My Dolphin config files are stored within my user directory, which is the default.